Planning a trip to the Maldives is easy, given its comfortable accessibility from all directions, it is located on the south-east of ASIA on the left of Srilanka and India.
The Maldives is a beach paradise popular for spectacular white sand beaches, blessed with more than 1100 beautiful small islands with the crystal clear turquoise water. The coral reefs and marine life in the Maldives ocean water are one of the best sights you will experience in your lifetime. It is a place where you can escape from the real-world hustle and just relax on the beach taking sunbath with ornate trees surrounding you.
Places for Sight Seeing and Water Activities in Maldives
The Maldives is one of the best international destinations for beaches, so you would see the world’s many best beaches in the Maldives. Resorts on the Private islands have their own private beaches, so men and women can wear swimsuits and take sun bath with ease and comfort. The beaches here are amazing and beautiful with crystal clear blue waters and crystalline white sand. On my visit, we were amazed to see the beauty of Maldives beaches.
Lots of Amazing Water activities and Ocean Diving Activities in Maldives
Being an amazing beach destination, Maldives offers lots of water and ocean diving activities. The water activities that are available in the Maldives are
- jet ski
- sunset sailing
- sunset cruise sailing
- dolphin safari
- night fishing and many more activities.
The ocean diving activities are snorkelling and scuba diving. We did snorkelling and it was one of the best life experiences, even though if you don’t know swimming still snorkelling can be enjoyed in ocean waters under your trainer’s supervision.
Here are Some Basic Information Regarding Maldives Tourism
- International Telephone Code: +960
- Currency: Rufiyaa (MVR)
- Location: Indian Ocean
- Language: Dhivehi (an Indo Aryan Language), English
- Immediate Neighbours: Sri Lanka & India
- Weather & Climate: Tropical, Lots of Sunshine
- Clothing: Modest, Light cotton.
- Religion: Islam
- No. of Island: 1191
- Resorts: 106
- Major Industries: Tourism and Fisheries.
Some Tips to plan a Hangout trip to the Maldives
- If you are from India, It is cheaper to take a flight from Trivandrum (Kerala, India). Other ways to cut the expenses are mentioned below:
- Hotel on the main island: It is cheaper to book a hotel on the main island. Ferries can be taken from one island to another.
- Pre-book hotel: It is wiser to pre-book the hotel with pick-up facility.
- Food and stuff of daily needs: they can be purchased from the supermarket store at a cheaper rate.
- Transportation: public ferry can be used, instead of private boats.
- Local food: In the main island, a lot of budget hotel/eateries can be found, which sells food to local people at a cheaper price.
- Avoid including Friday in your holiday: It is a public holiday in the Maldives. Limited shops and mode of transportation available on that day.
- Always carry USA dollars: It is widely accepted. Any other currency may result in a much lower exchange rate than it should be.