Today in this post I am going to share some interesting facts about Germany. I am living there for a long time and it is a right time and place for me to share amazing facts about Germany.
It is a Western European country with a landscape of forests, rivers, mountain ranges and the North Sea beaches. It has over 2 millennia of history. Berlin, its capital, is home to art and nightlife scenes, the Brandenburg Gate and many sites relating to WWII. Munich is known for its Oktoberfest and beer halls, including the 16th-century Hofbräuhaus. Frankfurt, with its skyscrapers, houses the European Central Bank.
Some Interesting Facts about Germany
- It is the second most popular expat destination in the world. Ranked by the Migration Policy Institute and the OECD.
- It is the EU’s largest economy. With a GDP of 3.73 trillion USD.
- It is one of the most countries with cultural activities and places.
- The country is a leader in energy and climate policies.
- The college education is free for locals but also for international students.
- The German language has the most native speakers in Europe
- Germany’s capital shifted seven times in the past.
- Munich is the second most punctual airport in the world.
- Germany is home to some of the best inventions – Including the lightbulb, petrol/diesel engines, LCD screen and many more.
- One of the world’s largest car producers.
- Smoking is banned in public spaces.
- Same-sex couples are allowed to adopt in Germany.
- Germany is one of the world’s leading book nations.
- High level of employment.
- Highly rated at a place to grow old.
- The largest population in the European Union. A population of 81 million people.
- Nearly a third of Germany is powered by Renewable Energy.
- One-third of the country is still covered with forests and woodlands.
- Germany was the first to adopt the Daylight Saving Time(DST).
- Berlin has the largest train station in Europe.
- Top reasons why Berlin is the best city for Expats!
- Interesting Facts about Sydney that will Surprise you
These are some interesting and facts. If you like our post, Share with your friends and don’t forget to write a comment for us. Thanks